Backup is the heart of every data. If you delete the data accidentally then you can restore from the backup. There is a simple process to keep a backup of your WhatsApp chat in the WhatsApp. In this article, I am going to talk a full explanation of WhatsApp chat backup. Read the article carefully to know all about the tool of this messaging application.
Why WhatsApp Chat Backup
These are the main things for backup your chat.
- You can’t get chat by just login in WhatsApp as Facebook or Twitter.
- The chat of this app is automatically saved in the memory of the device.
- If you delete the folder or uninstall the app accidentally, you can’t get the chat details anymore.
- To save your all photo, text, documents etc.
Requirements for Backup
- Intenet connection on the device.
- A Google account where your file will be saved (Google Drive).
You can backup your chat by two processes in WhatsApp.
- Chat including videos.
- Chat without all videos.
- Go to WhatsApp and click on “settings”.
- Click on “chats” section.
3. In the “chat” section, click on “Chat Backup”.
4. Tap on ‘Backup‘ button to backup your chat in Google drive.
Time of Back up to Google Drive
There are five different types of time when you can back up your file easily to Google drive.
- Never: This option doesn’t back up your chat history anytime.
- Only when I tap “Back up”: If you select the option, you can manually get back up. When you will tap the back up button, only then the back up will save to the Google drive.
- Daily: It is an automatic option for back up. You can get backup daily automatically.
- Weekly: You can get backup weekly to the Google drive.
- Monthly: By this option, your chat history will be back up monthly.
You can add your Google account to access Google drive by going to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Account > Add your Google account.
You can select one from two option to choose connectivity.
- Wi-Fi or cellular
You can also check Include Videos option to back up your chat with videos which you have sent or received on WhatsApp.
N.B.: If you are in roaming then you can’t back up your file to the Google drive. Then you have to connect your device phone to Wi-Fi.
Follow these steps to save your chat in Google drive to secure. If you have any queries then write in the comment box below.