Indian Railways is one of the biggest railway systems in the world. India has some of the most spectacular and unforgettable rail journeys in the world. Millions of people travel by rail in India every day. Nowadays Government of India encourages people to make a cashless country. For the reason, Indian Railways have made UTS-The Unreserved Ticket System for Unreserved Ticket to Indian Rail Passengers.
- First of all, you will get registered by providing your mobile number, name, city, identity card number etc. There will be created a Railway Wallet (R-wallet) for you in this application after successful registration. You will be no extra charged for this wallet.
- You can recharge the Railway Wallet by any UTS counter or official website https://www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in or Paytm/MobiKwik.
- For booking a ticket through this application you have to stay in between 20m to 2KM from a station. No advance ticket booking is allowed in this application. For this reason, the journey date will always be the current date.
- An internet connection is needed for booking a ticket. You can both book Paper Ticket & Paperless Ticket.
Phone: – 138 (for Mumbai users)
– 138 (for Kolkata users)
– 138 (for Secunderabad users)
– 044-25351621 (for Chennai users)
– 011-23361955 (for Delhi users)
– 07752-407668 (for SECR users)
– 08861-309572 (for SWR users)
– 08455-885961 (for ECoR users)
– 138 (for NER users)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (for Mumbai users)
email@example.com (for Mumbai users)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for Sealdah Division users)
email@example.com (for Howrah Division users)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for Secunderabad users)
email@example.com (for Chennai users)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for Delhi users)
email@example.com (for SECR users)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for SWR users)
email@example.com (for ECoR users)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for SER users)